Work With Us!
Petit Amuse is a place to discover and purchase foods made by small-batch producers that aren't available in nearby stores.
Our long term vision is to improve the quality of what America eats by preserving and growing artisan food production, making artisan foods an accessible and consistent part of the everyday diet.
We feature a $10 monthly subscription box, where customers receive 3-4 samples of different high-end artisan foods each month. They can then purchase more of what they like in full-size through our online store, which is paired with a first-of-its-kind warehouse on the ground.
Once we have collected sufficient customer data, we plan to leverage machine learning to customize the contents of the subscription sample boxes and to personalize the online user experience. We also plan to build tools to integrate social components into the discovery process.
Founding Developer / CTO
We are looking for someone with passion for what we're doing and the technical chops to make it happen. You will join as a founder to round out a 3-man founding team, with equity compensation and a salary after we secure seed funding (targeted within 6 months). The two existing founders whom you will be joining are highly educated (Columbia MBA & Stanford Product Design), talented (significant business & user experience), detailed and driven. Our current site is only in alpha, and there is a lot to be improved upon.
If you are interested in creating an entirely new, data-driven, custom online retail experience and/or are passionate about food, then we'd love to discuss with you the possibility of joining our venture.
- Smart and driven, successful in what you apply your mind to
- Creative and resourceful in approaching challenges
- Adaptive and intuitive in new environments
- Exceptional communication skills, highly detailed, and a natural leader
- Extensive full stack web application development in a production environment
- Know what technology/ies and practices to use when and where -- you tell us if Node.js is the right tool, and not just because it's cool these days
- Exude agile, test-driven development practices
- Are a resource for all technically driven decisions (architecture, languages, frameworks, etc.)
- On top of current trends and best practices in web development
- You LOVE food — everything from agriculture to restaurants
- You believe the current food system in the US is broken, and want to fix it
- You want to radically transform how food is distributed in the US
- Experience in LAMP, the Zend framework and/or Magento (our current technology, which, depending on your respected opinion, might change)
- E-commerce experience
- Mobile development experience
Mindblowingly Amazing Points
- You have a degree in Gastronomic Science
- You build e-commerce systems from scratch in your sleep
- You taught Chuck Norris Erlang
How to Apply
Please send us an e-mail at jobs (at) petitamuse with links to your previous work. What gets you going in the morning? What side projects are you working on that you're really excited about? Convince us, concisely, why you are the right fit for this endeavor.